What is Smart Growth?
Smart Growth is about creating more livable communities — the kind of community Tiyata Village will be. It’s about designing places that make sense for people and the planet. With an emphasis on lifestyle, affordability and the environment, Smart Growth is the perfect set of planning principles for how we want to live now.
Smart Growth is about living healthier in neighbourhoods with shops and schools within walking and cycling distance. It’s a philosophy that promotes sustainability by using “greener” materials and practices to build homes that are both energy and space efficient. Smart Growth recognizes that protecting the environment ensures there will be beautiful places to live for generations to come.
How Tiyata Village fits Smart Growth
- Tiyata employs mixed land use, offering both diverse housing options and opportunity for business.
- Priced with value in mind to make home ownership affordable for a wide-range of buyers.
- Located within a minute walk of town and transit, this compact, 22-acre master-planned community encourages low-impact travel options.
- Tiyata’s neighbourhood design, with trails, pathways and public spaces, supports community engagement and social interactions
- Developing the Tiyata lands has been part of Pemberton’s long-range plan for years — no new land is being taken away from agricultural use.
- The developers of Tiyata Village have a commitment to the preservation of environmentally sensitive areas.
- In Tiyata’s neighbourhood Community Garden, friendships are sure to blossom.
- Green building and landscaping practices will be encouraged with developer palettes.
- The community’s public art installations and park will help shape a unique community identity.
At Tiyata Village, you’re at home.